Friday, March 9, 2012

Deep in the Heart

Deep in the Heart

Supplies
PSPX2 (an older version will work also)

I used the scrapkit Deep in the Heart by Skulliez Skrapz
you can purchase it at Pimp My Tags w/Scraps

Thank you Danielle for a very pretty patriotic kit to work with!

Tube/s of choice: I am using the artwork of ©Keith Garvey
 You must have a license to use his work. 
You can purchase a license here

Choice of font, I used Wallow Hmk Bold here

Mask of choice, I used Mask 10 from Horse Play’s Pastures here

Xero Plugin – Porcelain

Notes
Install mask if needed
This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP
Use the following settings for drop shadow, unless otherwise stated:
Effects>3D>Drop Shadow>
V 3
H 3
Opacity 60
Blur 8
Color Black
Shadow on new layer unchecked

=^_^=   Ready to start?  Let’s go!  =^_^=

Layers>New Raster
Selections>Select All
Copy Paper1
Paste into selection
Layers>Load/Save Mask>Load Mask From Disk
Source Luminance checked
Fit to Layer checked
Invert transparency not checked
Hide all mask checked
Layers>Merge>Merge Group
Selections>Select None

Copy/Paste Beaded Frame as a new layer
Add drop shadow
Image>Free Rotate>Right 25 degrees
Copy/Paste Wood Frame as a new layer
Add drop shadow

Highlight bottom layer in layer pallete
Copy/Paste the close up tube of your choice
Resize if needed, I resized mine 75%
Add drop shadow

Copy/Paste another tube as a new layer
Add drop shadow
Add porcelain effect>Default Settings

 You may choose to place your embellishments the
same way I did, or you go with your own ideas! Use mine
only as an example, after all this is your tag!

I used:
(Remember to add a drop shadow
to each embellishment)

AllAmerican
Belle
(each of the above is Image>Free Rotate>
Right 25 degrees)

FeltHeartFlag
Image>Resize 40%
Image>Free Rotate>Left 25 degrees

Bow2
Highlight tube layer
Layers>Duplicate
Image>Resize 75%
Image>Mirror

Country and Girl
Image>Free Rotate>Left 25%
In Layer Palette lover opacity to
 44% for each

Guitar
Image>Free Rotate>Left 90 degrees
Image>Resize 20%

Add the proper copyright and license information

Resize to your preference, I used 80%

I used colors #94a4bbfor the foreground
and #000a33for the background for my name
2.0 Stroke
Font Size 72
I also gave my name a slight bevel using the following settings
If you want to use the white background you can
Layers>Merge>Merge All (Flatten)
File>Export>JPEG Optimizer
Set compression value to 25
Save to where you want

If you want to use the transparent background you can
File>Export>PNG Optimizer
Click “ok” on the next screen
Save to where you want

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment