Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Favorite Place to Sit!


My Favorite Place To Sit!

 Supplies
PSP - I am using PSP X2 (But an older version should work also)

I used the cute kit “In the Boneyard” by TammyKat Designz.
You can purchase this kit from Pimp My Tags w/Scraps

Thank you Tammy for this fun kit!  Even though it isn’t
Halloween time, I just had to do this kit!

Mask of choice, I used Zuzzanna Mask 07 here,
It is the 7th mask down the page

Tube of choice, I used the wonderful artwork of Christina Pereir
Used under license MTA-P0674

Choice of font, I used Black Chancery, here

Xero Plugin – Porcelain

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.
Use the following settings for drop shadow, unless otherwise stated:
Effects>3D>Drop Shadow>
V 0
H 0
Opacity 60
Blur 8
Color Black
Shadow on new layer unchecked

=^_^=   Ready to start?  Let’s go!  =^_^=

Open a new file, transparent, 700x700
Flood fill white

Layers>New Raster Layer
Selections>Select All
Open Cemetery paper
Copy/Paste Paper 2 Into Selection
Layers>Load/Save Mask>Load Mask From Disk
Fit to canvas checked
Source luminance checked
Invert transparency not checked
Hide all mask checked
Layers>Merge>Merge Group
Selections>Select None
On your palette, lower the opacity to 52

 Open Frame2
Copy/Paste above the mask layer
Add drop shadow

Copy/Paste your tube above the frame layer
resize if necessary
I have mine sitting on the frame
Apply porcelain effect

The embellishments I used are:
(You may choose to place your embellishments the
same way I did, or you go with your own ideas! Use mine
only as an example, after all this is your tag!)

Copy/Paste Headstone2>Resize 75%
Copy/Paste Flower1>Resize 25%
Copy/Paste Flower2>Resize 25%
Copy/Paste Webcorner>Resize 50%
Layers>Duplicate>Resize 50>Put on Headstone
Copy/Paste Skull1>Resize 40%
Image>Free Rotate>Right 25 degrees
Copy/Paste Skull2>Resize 25%
Copy/Paste Eyes>Resize 45%
Image>Free Rotate>Left 25 degrees
Copy/Paste Candle>Resize 50%
Copy/Paste Cross Head Stone>Resize 45%
Copy/Paste PaperClip
Place it on top of the frame and
Erase the part showing on the frame
 
Add drop shadow to each element

Close off the white bottom layer

Layers> Merge>Merge Visible

Resize 80%
I used colors #ffffff for the foreground
and #000000 for the background for my name
1.0 Stroke
Font Size 48
I also gave my name a slight bevel using the following settings


 Add the proper copyright and license information

Add your copyright and license number and text

If you are using a white background you can
Layers>Merge>Merge All (Flatten)
File>Export>JPEG Optimizer
Set compression value to 25
Save to where you want

If you are using a transparent background you can
Close off the white layer
Layers>Merge>Merge Visible
File>Export>PNG Optimizer
Click “ok” on the next screen
Save to where you want

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!



No comments:

Post a Comment